Welcome back to our new visitors Chris and Vicky! It was lovely to see you both again.
Here are the items we discussed:
- We have just received some very sad news about the passing of Anita’s husband. A card was sent from the group. The funeral will be held on Thursday 2pm at Christ Church. Linda has emailed for more information.
- Updates to the website include
Winchester 6 June 2017 Meeting Summary
Eastleigh 20 June 2017 Meeting Summary
Winchester 4 July 2017 Meeting Summary
Eastleigh 18 Jul 2017 Meeting Summary
14 Sep 2017 – Craft & Coffee Mornings at Wessex Cancer Trust Chandler’s Ford
21 September 2017 – Breast Reconstruction Awareness Salisbury
Questions about cancer and nutrition with Senior Research Dietitian Barbara Parry
3. The next two meetings on 3 October 2017 & 7 November 2017 will be held upstairs in Christ Church. Linda will not be able to attend the next Chandlers Ford meeting on 19 Sep. A volunteer is needed to collect the key earlier on the day during office hours from Jill Smithers at Wessex Cancer Trust.
4. Winchester Gazette August Edition – only Mary has seen the actual copy. Linda has written to the deputy editor to have a pdf copy so everyone can see it.
5. Cake Sale Thursday 5 Oct 9am – 12pm at Florence Portal House in the Parent Craft room. Emma, Mary & Ruth have kindly volunteered to help. Ann Stockley has kindly helped to book the Parent Craft room from 8am-1pm. Please use mailing list in the email Linda sent out today for communication. We would be grateful if you could bring a cake in at our next meeting on Tuesday 3 October or direct to Florence Portal House in the Parent Craft room on the day itself. We will also be selling Amoena stock that has been given to us. More helpers are always welcomed!
6. Volunteers to help run the group – Mary has offered to help with non-computer/internet work. Jackie has offered to help with updating the website. We really need someone to run the meeting with Linda and a treasurer as current statements still go to Caroline. We also need to update the signatories for the group’s bank account.
7. Christmas Party/ 30th Anniversary celebration on Tuesday 5 Dec. Linda has emailed for an update about the possibility of catering at the church itself. She will also contact local TV station, That’s Hampshire to cover the event. Emma has kindly agreed to organise this event. Jackie and Sue have kindly offered to run the raffle and hold a Christmas quiz.
8. Craft & Coffee Mornings at Wessex Cancer Trust Chandler’s Ford. There are various events held from 14 September 2017 to 15 November 2017. Please click here for details of each session. Call 02380 516576 to book
9. Linda proposed to feature members on the website. Ruth has very kindly agreed to be our first feature member! Please contact Linda if you would like to be featured. We hope to inspire you all with the stories!
The last two walks organised by Debra on the 8 Aug (Winchester Walk) and 24 Aug (Kings Worthy walk) were brilliant! Thank you so much Debra. Jackie, Zdena and I enjoyed them very much. It was a good opportunity to get to know each other better too.
– Refreshments £10.50
– Card for Anita £1
UPDATE: Funeral for Anita’s husband Alan is Thursday 7 Sep at 2pm and is open to everyone. There is no particular dress code. The parking spaces on the church ground are reserved for family members.
Mary has kindly agreed to collect the key on 19 Sep.