It was lovely to see Georgina again at our meeting today.
We had a lovely chat and some of the items discussed are as follows:
- Access to support (treatments and holidays) at Wessex Cancer Trust in Chandlers Ford. Yoga with Elliot is recommended as he can help with breathing and relaxation which was great for Linda. Call 023 8051 6576 (Monday – Thursday, 10am – 4pm) to book a treatment.
- Amoena end of range sale: £35 on 19/7, £17.50 on 21/7, £10 on 16/8,£50 on 12/9 and £5 on 20/9. Total so far is £117.50!
- Cake Sale on 20 October at the Parentcraft room on the ground floor of Florence Portal House in Winchester. In 2014, we raised £200 and last year we raised £255 (Angie and Emma went around the wards selling after the cake sale). The proceeds will be split 3 ways between Breast Cancer Care, Mr Rainsburys’ Charity and this cancer support group. We need volunteers to manage, set up, sell and pack up. The sale starts at 9.00am. The room will be available from 8am and we have to vacate it by 1pm. There is very limited parking at the hospital. Park wherever you can find a legal space. There is normally a few spaces if you’re very early. Or you can try the new park and ride is open along the Romsey Rd where the new development is. Either a short bus ride or 15 -20 minute walk. Please volunteer online or call us.
- Volunteer to take calls – Linda is currently doing this and has difficulty following up with new visitors. Mary has kindly volunteered to take over this role and we think she’s perfect for the job! Thank you Mary! Linda will send information later.
– Refreshments £3
– Amoena end of range sale on 12/09 £50
– Amoena end of range sale on 20/09 £5
Total collected: £58
– Donation to Wessex Cancer Trust £1.50
– Yorkshire Tea Bags £1.17
Total spent: £2.67
Balance: £2.50 (to be collected from A) + £98.35 (to be collected from L) = £100.85 for the treasurer