A very warm welcome to our new visitors Andrea and Nicky! We hope you enjoyed meeting everyone and we look forward to seeing you again. It was wonderful to see our Andover ladies and also some old faces!
1. Wednesday Workouts at Wessex Cancer Trust Chandlers Ford – begins on 9 May 2018 11am at £5 per session. Take part seated or standing. There are 2 spaces still available if you are interested in some gentle exercises please call Lisa on 01489 893291 or 07903953383 to sign up.
2. Modelling Opportunity – Fashion Gala at Grand Harbour Hotel on 16 Nov 2018. For more information contact Rachel Coombs at 023 8076 2200.
3. Personal Colour Analysis by Nicky – 22 May2018 10am – 1 space available. Contact 023 8051 6576 to book.
4. Journal Project – applications now closed.
5. Cakes4Cancer – 15 May 2018 at Wessex Cancer Trust Chandlers Ford. Any cake donations much appreciated. Please call 023 8051 6576 for more information.
6. Charlie, therapist for beauty treatments – 4 May 2018 – Treatment list and prices were shown to the group. Please call 023 8051 6576 to obtain Charlie’s contact number to book a treatment.
7. Healthworks Physical Activity at Places Leisure Eastleigh – you can self refer for a 12 week physical activity referral scheme for people to improve their health and become more active. Call 02380684813.
8. Georgina’s husband will be running the marathon this year to raise funds for a cancer charity and will send details to Linda.
9. Nearly half of those attended today experienced some form of gynaecological side effects. Medical staff do not seem to know what to advise as not many ladies talk about it. Taking probiotics have helped a couple of ladies. Linda gave some milk kefir to a few ladies who have never tried it. She sells organic pasteurised milk kefir at £5 for a 750ml bottle or £2 for a 250ml jar.
The Monalisa Touch procedure may be the last resort for ladies where medication, supplements or food have not helped.
10. Moving Forward Course Southampton – 24 & 31 May and 7 & 14 June 2018.
11. Linda announced that Jackie, Mary and Sandie have kindly agreed to help run the support groups which is fantastic!
Sandie E – facilitate Winchester meetings
Jackie E – Accounts and organisation of River Cruise event
Mary M – New visitor enquiries, contact information & follow up
Linda B – facilitate Chandlers Ford meetings, website updates, overall coordination & communication,monthly meetings with Wessex Cancer Trust manager.
12. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – Jackie had emailed everyone a form to be filled in to comply. Those going on the river cruise must fill this in by Friday 4th May 2018.
13. Linda will send river cruise information to our new visitors and also to those not on the mailing list.
14. Jackie B and Sue A have very kindly agreed to organise the Longstock Water Gardens day out. Linda to send contact information.
Collections – £15
– 6 x boxes of biscuits by LB – £7.65 (2 separate receipts)
– Donation to Wessex Cancer Trust £7.50
– Chris B – 50p
– LB – £5.10